Miniature Schnauzers Adore Their Families
If you’re looking for a small dog that is not delicate and frail, then Miniature Schnauzers may be for you.
Originated in Germany in the 1800’s, named from the German word “Schnauze”, meaning snout. Mini Schnauzers are small but sturdy dogs.
They have a rectangular appearance and a non-shedding coat. Their ears can be cropped or un-cropped. Their standard size is 12” – 14” and they usually weigh 10-15 pounds.
Mini Schnauzer accepted breed colors are Salt & Pepper, Black, and Black & Silver. They are a separate breed from the Standard and Giant Schnauzers. Mini Schnauzers are part of the Terrier Group and are considered ratters.
Qualities of a Miniature Schnauzer:
* Make great companions.
* Highly Intelligent, Obedient and Quick Learners.
* Fun Loving
* Equally comfortable with one person or a large family with kids.
* Equally at home in an apartment or large home with a yard.
* Very loving and affectionate.
* Stubborn at times.
* Needs regular grooming.
* Alert and excellent watchdogs.
* Curious and loves to sniff.
* Loves toys and easily entertains himself.
* Adores his family and being in their company.
* Energetic yet not hyperactive.
* Can tend to bark a lot.
* Do not tend to be destructive.
Miniature Schnauzers are a joy to own and make most excellent companions. They love their owners unconditionally. They will go anywhere with their owners and are always willing to please.
© Copyright Excelsior Information Systems Ltd 2007 - 2015.